LASIK Self Evaluation Test
LASIK is a surgical procedure intended to reduce a person’s dependency of glasses and contact lenses. At Shah Eye Center, we feel the better you’re informed, about the procedure, pre- and post-operative, technology used in performing the procedure and the experience level of your doctor, will help you make an informed decision.
- While the FDA has approved 21 and older, we are allowed to perform the LASIK procedure for patients as young as 18.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing.
- You should not be taking certain prescription drugs, such as Accutane or Oral Prednisone.
- You must schedule an appointment with Shah Eye Center for an in-depth evaluation of your eyes to make sure you do not have any pre-existing eye disease problems and that in our younger patients the cornea is stable. The exam is free.
- Your vision prescription must be stable for at least one year. You are in good general health.
- Your Shah Eye Center LASIK Surgeon and you must agree on outcome expectation.